Sunday, March 09, 2008

Endurance workout


Today was the long day. Did a planned easy 12-miler all around the city, from my home to the university, to the Avenues, and back home. Some nice views from 11th Avenue and the university (bad camera phone photo (low light is NOT good w/this camera phone!) is of the State Capitol from the Avenues, along my route). I was fairly tired afterwards and wonder if I'll be sore tomorrow (usually I'm not after racewalking, since I'm so used to it). My time was somewhere around 2:18 (a few stops w/o stopping my watch so a little shorter?); about an 11:30 mile, but it was really hilly, and I was taking it easy, remember?!? Weather: 25 degrees F and sunny. I got a little cold after a planned pit stop at the U (I work there, so just let myself in, dogs and all :)!) because of the sweat that chilled me when I went back outside, and because of a little wind, but was mostly just fine.

No comments: