Friday, March 14, 2008

Still amazingly sore

My quads have not been this sore in a LONG long time. They hurt so much this morning and last night that I could barely make it down the stairs (up is not so bad). They hurt when the kids sit on my lap, or when I accidentally brush up against something, even lightly. Poor sore muscles! I went to weight training this morning anyway, because I knew we'd probably do arms today, which we did. I even managed to racewalk (stiffly) for 15 min to warm up, and I loosened up a bit as I went.

I am a bit nervous because I have a 5K race tomorrow and would like to do well. Oh well, it's really just a training race, so it doesn't matter too much, but the competitive part of me would like to do well anyway. At least I know it's only sore muscles and I'm not likely to hurt myself being out there racing. This race may have a fair number of hills, though, and so I probably shouldn't get all excited about getting a new PR, since it's hard to racewalk on steep hills. Plus the weather is looking iffy. It's been raining and snowing on and off all day, and more of the same is expected all weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck tomorrow Tammy! But if you're stiff, you're stiff. Been there, done that...the last couple of days in fact! If you have time, I would suggest trying to get a decent warm up in, and making sure you do a couple of 100m pick-ups (i.e., start out gradually, then pick up the pace to race pace by the end of the 100m). We usually do four pick-ups before every workout and race and it does help to loosen things up a bit. But I have a feeling you'll do fine tomorrow! Have fun!