Saturday, March 15, 2008

New ceiling fan

I hated the ceiling fan in our living room. It was shiny and black (at left), which would be OK if I was into contemporary furniture, I guess. But it didn't really look too good with our old, mismatched beater sofas. Just that by itself would not have been enough for me to actually replace it, but there were other problems & lots of them. The first was that the lightbulb sockets stopped working properly. There are 4 lightbulbs in the fixture, but only 1 of them was working reliably. The others would sometimes work if you turned them and fussed with them, but then they might start flickering. In addition, the lightbulbs were hard to remove - when you turned the bulb, it would often be stuck and start to turn the whole socket. Ugh! Enough is enough!

I asked Loren if he would replace the fixture, and since my dad (who is full of home repair expertise) is visiting, it was the perfect time. Dad played armchair coach and talked Loren through the job, which was awesome. The new fixture works well and is much better looking. I'm thrilled!

Loren with new fixture


1 comment:

Sarah H said...

Ooo, I like it! It's much warmer.