Thursday, March 13, 2008

Racewalking class

If you are local and are connected w/the U of U (faculty, staff, student), why not consider taking a racewalking seminar in late May & early June? I am teaching it along with Diane Teece, president of the Wasatch Walkers and a very experienced coach and racewalker. She coaches the Team In Training walkers to do half marathons and marathons, and at age 69, is quite fast - she can do 12 minute miles racewalking! She regularly beats me in age-graded competition.

Anyway, we will be teaching a 3 week seminar Tues & Thurs mornings from 6:30-7:30 am. Check the PEAK Academy website for details to be released in a few weeks.

3 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

very cool Tammy!
I think you would be a very good teacher. It would be interesting to attend, though I'm no longer affiliated with the U., and I will be out of town for part of that time. Still - have fun!! Teaching always forces the teacher to learn even more.

Annie Jeffries said...

Dear Tammy. I have lost my edge again. I do not understand myself, wanting something so much and then not doing what needs to be done to achieve success.

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer! Sounds like a fun class with a great teacher. 2 questions: 1) Do you think a person can train to racewalk on a treadmill, and 2) when you are racewalking, how many mph do you average?