Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Exhausting day

After 2 frantic days at work, I was looking forward to being home. Ha! Today was exhausting. For starters, Calvin knocked over several plants (accidentally) and spilled dirt all over the floor. Michelle was clingy and overtired and only took a short nap and then was whiny the rest of the day. The dogs escaped through our semi-broken gate and were lost for a while (they did come back, 10 minutes after I called them, amazingly).

I also did the weekly grocery shopping, read books to the kids for a good hour or so, taught 3 piano students, fixed dinner, and started the process of getting a new or used car. Whew. We are considering a Toyota RAV4, FYI, because it gets good gas mileage (way better than a minivan), will handle well in the snow, and has an optional 3rd row seat so we can fit extra kids in there from time to time. I did discover that it will be hard for us to find a used one fitting our criteria, so we may be stuck getting a new one.

Oh, almost forgot - my workout - I did 15 min easy racewalking to warm up and then we did an intense upper body/arms workout in weight training.

Now I'm going to rest and read a book and go to sleep early. Hopefully tomorrow won't be quite so taxing.

No comments: