Thursday, March 06, 2008

The good, the bad, and the workout

Some good stuff: Took kids to IKEA to get replacement bins for Michelle’s toy chest (which I purchased at a garage sale for $10, and one bin was missing ($3 to replace today) and one bin was damaged ($5 to replace)). That is a cool place where one could spend a fortune. If I had the $ I’d totally re-do our house there :). I also got bins to fit under Calvin’s bed to get some toys out of the way. I tossed some old useless toys and put a bunch of baby toys out in the garage for the church rummage sale. Loren was complaining about surplus toys, so I took action.

Some bad stuff: Calvin had a nasty poop in his underwear (the potty training is going OK - hit and miss, but we are not going back to diapers. He's just going to have to figure it out!). Then, when we got home from IKEA and REI (where I bought myself a pair of decent weatherproof gloves for racewalking – was using ski gloves and they were OK but got sweaty and icky because they don’t have a wicking liner, plus they’re bulky) and got Calvin on the potty (yes he was dry that whole time - this was good) and when he flushed, the toilet overflowed horribly. UGH! Of course I was in the middle of changing a poopy Michelle diaper so couldn’t do a thing except yell to him to pick up the rug (which he actually did!) and throw it in the hall. What a mess. I put Michelle down once I got her wiped and she toddled right in and stepped in the water, soaking her pants and socks. Keep in mind that it is 1 pm and we are all starving. It was pretty awful.

Naptime has been divine today. I caught up on e-mail and my online buddy groups, and read my RSS feeds. I read the newspaper. I ate a grapefruit and a WW one point fudge ice cream bar. I put some apples in the crock pot with splenda & cinnamon for a treat on light ice cream tonight. Now I'm blogging.

Oh, the workout! I did 5 x 1 mile at 1/2 marathon pace (10:15 mile) with 2 min rest. I felt tired this morning with heavy legs, but got it done. I was +/- 5 seconds of my goal pace for each of the 5 miles. Not too bad! I took BOTH dogs with me, and miracle of miracles, Sahara actually kept up! I think they both had a great time, and I appreciate the company and the safety of racewalking with 2 large Labrador Retrievers.

3 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

So, soooo sorry about the poopy morning you had. Ugh! Hard to believe these days will ever end, but they will! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the potty training--I feel for you. I love IKEA too. Just think, with what you'll save on diapers, you'll soon be able to redo a whole room!
Best wishes,
Lani

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like you've had a rough couple days! Hope you have a restful and fun weekend. Hope your birthday is great, too! (It's this weekend, right?)