Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday long day

Today was my long day for my racewalking. I didn't get up as early as I planned, but Loren agreed to help w/the kids anyway :). Gold star for him! I left at 6:10 am or so. I went 12.68 miles according to my iPod (but according to MapIt it was only 12.3), in 2:17:15, for 10:49 per mile (or 11:09 per mile by MapIt). I was going to take it easy, but decided to push a little harder today because 1) I felt good, and 2) I wanted to get back before the kids got too antsy for Loren. My average heart rate was about 140, but that included a few minutes slower at the beginning and end, and a few minutes waiting for traffic lights. Not bad, though! Mostly it was about 145 when I was looking at my watch. I felt great, though my legs are pretty tired tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to bike to my weight training class, since it's supposed to be relatively warm (40F) in the morning, and I want to take a day off racewalking with these heavy legs.

No comments: