Saturday, March 22, 2008

Friday & Saturday workouts

Friday: 30 min easy on the elliptical; 30 min weights.

Saturday: 1 hr easy racewalking. 28 degrees F outside and clear this morning. A bit chilly but really nice weather overall.

Tomorrow I plan to do an easy 12 miler. I know Ollie will laugh at this because the distances I'm doing aren't that long, but I'll be glad when my training for the 1/2 is over and I can go back to shorter distances. I do enjoy the long workouts but it's hard to plan them around family activities, etc., and I have to get up at the crack of dawn to do them to minimize the negative impact on my husband. For example, it will take me about 2 hr and 15-20 min to do the 12 miles, which means I have to start by 5:45 am if I want to finish by 8 am, and the kids will get up around 7:15 am. Loren is NOT a morning person and isn't too happy about watching the kids from 7:15-8 am, but thankfully he will do it for me when necessary. At least he's gotten a break this week with my parents here. My mom left today, though, so he's on his own again.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

12 miles at your pace is no laughing matter. :-)