Thursday, July 01, 2010

hot intervals

It was hot this morning. 75F (24C) and 36% humidity, which is a lot for here. I was to do 3K/2K/4x500 with 4', 3', and 2' rest. I was not at all in the mood for a hard workout, but I seldom am. They always feel so much better when you are done. This was a track type of workout but I didn't do it on the track; I did it on the street because the long intervals are a drag on the track.

I was slowish today; probably the heat. I don't care though, as I did my best and got a hard workout under my belt. I felt pretty wasted on the 2K, and it showed in the time. I almost gave up and went home, but decided I had to finish. I'm glad I did because a couple of my 500m were pretty darn fast.

Here are my times: 3K 17:37, 2K 12:07, 500m 2:57, 2:44, 2:46, 2:52.

Workout data here, including HR, elevation, etc.

My foot ached a bit but nothing too serious. I think it's going to be OK.

***

My boss started a contest for riding your bike to work in July & August. I'm only part-time, so it probably is impossible for me to win (we will have to discuss the rules for me), but I still want to do it. I'll have to bike home after work to get the car and then pick up the kids, so it will take a lot longer, but what the heck. It should be fun.

This morning I biked up and got my shirt wet from sweat because my computer backpack was on my back. I think I'll put it on my bike rack next time! It's quite the hill to work; 191m in just 5.57km (about 650 feet in 3.5 miles - roughly). My legs feel quite tired now.

No comments: