Thursday, July 22, 2010

short but sweet

I was craving a RW, seriously...and I wanted to stay out longer. But I didn't. Coach said 15 min w/strides, and that's what I did. I did about 8 min easy and then did 5 x 30sec strides with easy in between until HR was in the low 140s before starting the next one. No Garmin this time; used my old HRM because Garmins won't be allowed in the race. I'm not sure they will allow HRM either. The World Masters Athletics is not going to allow HRM or even watches next year, which is INCREDIBLY STUPID IMO. They are affiliated with the IAAF, so why do they not use the same IAAF rules? If the elites can use watches and HRM, why can't we? DUH! End of rant :).

I waited until 9:15 am to go; same time as my race tomorrow. It was 68F and it felt pretty warm in the sun. Heat will be a factor, but not too awful I think. I'm glad the 5K is a shorter race or it might be dicey. Thankfully, the 10K is at 7:30 am which will be much better.

I was up late helping with the baby last night and was a bit cranky this morning, but the 15 min of exercise helped my mood. It was a sweet little jaunt. I'm excited to race tomorrow.

2 comments:

Nyle said...

What???? no garmins?? may I ask the really stupid question .... WHY? lol

which I am sure you will have also asked...but I wear mine in all my events....and have never been told otherwise.

Thanks for the photos, gives me a chance to see what its like too. Good luck for both your races...i know you will do great an surprise yourself too.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Tammy and Nyle tomorrow.
:-)