Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Naked workout

THAT got your attention, didn't it ;)?

I wasn't actually naked. I just felt naked. My Garmin batteries were not charged, and I did the workout without a watch of any kind. Hmmm, not easy for a track workout, but I made do. I kept looking at my wrist, to no avail.

The weather was superb, 65F and sunny, though the sun didn't hit the track until my 4th repeat.

I was to do 4x800/200 with 30 sec rest between 800 & 200, and 3 min rest between sets, at 90-95% effort. I did them nice and hard, though I have no idea of my times. For the 30 sec rest, I counted "one-one thousand, two-one thousand..." and for the 3 min I walked about as far as usual on the track and waited until my breathing was normal again; it seemed reasonably close to 3 minutes!

It was fun to do this workout w/o a stopwatch. I liked the "no pressure" aspect of it very much. I have the feeling I was slow today; my quads got tired in the 3rd repeat, and quads and calves were tired in the 4th repeat. However, I really don't know how fast I was, and I don't care!!! I did the workout, gave it a good hard effort, and imagined passing the competition on the last 200m. It was good to do a hard workout and not care if I met anyone's time standard. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I thought that perhaps you used your basement treadmill. Some of my friends have done so in the buff.

Nyle said...

hahaha yes that sure got attention! lol

My coach makes me take my watch off. He says if I dont know how my pace feels by now I will never know. I guess he is right as and I sure feel it when going faster than I should be.

Glad you are having some fun again, you are so going to rock it at the masters.