Monday, July 19, 2010

8K

After a rest day yesterday, just an 8K today. I am really liking the taper :). I'm still working on the positive thinking, and was feeling good this morning mentally. I am doing my best to get in the right head space.

It was hot again this morning, but since I wasn't going hard, I didn't care too much. It was 75F (24C), on its way up to probably about 98F this afternoon (it was 102 yesterday). Fortunately, the weather for Sacramento this Friday is looking about as good as it gets this time of year; it's supposed to be in the low 90s for a high, and in the upper 50s for lows. It will probably be about 65-70 for the 5K at 9:15 am. That's hotter than I'd like but not so hot that it will ruin the race, thankfully.

Today I didn't feel like I was working hard, but every time I looked at my Garmin, my HR was about 150. Not sure what that's all about, but the workout felt very pleasant. I did the hilly route around SugarHouse Park because I had no particular time goals to meet and I like that route. I did 2 loops of the park to get my 8K total.

Total 53:43 for the 8.03K for 6:41/km; ave HR 145.

No comments: