Thursday, July 22, 2010

checking in


I checked in today at the USATF National Masters Championships. Got my bibs and safety pins and all that good stuff for my events. They don't know yet where the 10K road course is for Sunday; at least they couldn't tell me. Ummmm, ultra lame!!!! C'mon, guys, get a little more organized. In Spokane 2 yr ago they gave us all a course map when we checked in. Oh well...it will be flat, that's for sure, and should be fast. I'd just like to see it beforehand, y'know?

I walked over to the track to check it out. Looks nice, but not many spectators there (there weren't in Spokane either). Hopefully at worlds there will be more. It was still fun to walk around a bit and see some other athletes. I find it very inspiring to watch people of all ages compete in track & field events. I also took a few photos of the souvenir T-shirts and hats for my friend David in Australia, who wants a hat.

I picked up a few World Masters entry booklets while I was there; they give the dates for the various races next year. The 5K for women is July 7, 10K is July 12, and 20K is July 16. With that schedule, my coach will probably have me do 5K and 20K, because it might be hard to do the 10K and be adequately recovered for a good 20K only 4 days later. We'll see. I'd like to do all three if possible, because if you're there you might as well, but I don't want to ruin my 20K by doing the 10K too hard.

Here are my photos of the stadium & souvenirs.

No comments: