Tuesday, November 11, 2008

uninspired

Winter approaching has got me a little down, I think. I'm uninspired about everything. My eating habits are atrocious, despite repeated attempts to do something about it. My racewalking is sluggish. I'm sleepy, and not getting enough rest. Ahhh... that right there is a lot of the problem. More sleep would be really helpful. Probably not going to happen this week, as I have too much going on. But maybe next week.

This morning I did get out for a decent walk, but it wasn't particularly fast. I did 5.46 miles (8.79 km) in 59:30. 6:45/km isn't too bad I guess. At least I was out there.

5 comments:

Harriet said...

The dark, cold months are tough for me.

Just getting in some miles helps, as does trying something different from time to time.

As far as the eating goes; shoot me an e-mail message if the weight starts packing on.

Anonymous said...

Very common after a marathon as well.
Give yourself a couple weeks off.
You'll find inspiration again.

Tammy said...

Thanks, Ollie & Steve for your concern. I appreciate the encouragement. Today has been a hard day, too, but at least I've been on the straight & narrow so far in the food department. I don't want to be miserable, and I know where that will lead me. Hopefully I can keep that in mind.

Unknown said...

Tammy, can you put together some sort of easy training schedule to follow? I truly find that having the schedule ensures that I get out the door! Like tonight - I don't really feel like doing 12K in the dark, and possibly the rain, but its on the schedule, so I *have* to do it!!
You'll get your mojo back. Don't sweat about it too much.

Tammy said...

Thanks, Sarah for your comment. I do need to put together some easy base-building type of schedule. That will probably help. Actually, I have been able to get out and exercise OK, for the most part. But the food has been a killer. Still, a good training schedule is really important and I ought to have one for the inbetween times.