Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back on [the] track

I've had a few good days of eating (yay!) and I was back on the track this morning for a short speed workout. I met some Team in Training people at East High this morning for their first track workout. The workout was 4 laps warm-up, 2x800m at 10k pace with 3:00 rest in between, and 4 laps cool-down. I did my 800s in 4:32 and 4:30(!), proving to myself that I STILL HAVE WHAT IT TAKES. Those were nice and FAST :)! I even felt like I could have done a lot more. But I didn't, because I'm ramping back up slowly. I did do 7 laps easy at the end rather than 4, because I wanted the extra workout time and mileage.

I also did go somewhat slowly for a lap or two with one of the team members on the cool-down, to teach her some racewalking technique. She was a natural!

Total time: 41:xx or so and 3.75 miles (6km).

No comments: