Sunday, November 09, 2008

Still here :)

I've been sluggish about blogging lately. But I've still been racewalking!

Friday - circuit training, alternating cardio & weights. I switched between 1 min biking (stationary bike), 1 min jumping rope, and racewalking up and down the hall byt the weight room. In between each cardio exercise, I did weights: leg press, chest fly machine, dead lifts, lat pull-downs, calf raises, lateral raises, leg extensions, tricep pull-downs. It was a very hard workout - I kept my heart rate in the 140s pretty much the whole time and really kept things moving. It felt good.

Saturday - easy 3.75 miles around SugarHouse Park. I can't remember exactly but it took around 40 min.

Sunday - I wanted to go a bit longer & harder; I did 7.2 miles in about 77 min and my average heart rate was 141. I felt good at the end.

***********************

I've been struggling with overeating in the evenings despite my resolve of a few weeks ago. I have to really want this or it's not going to happen. I want to set my mind on my goal for next year of the Portland Marathon. If I'm going to be as competitive as I want to be, I need to take off some more weight. My BMI is about 22.5, and I'd really like it to be more like 21.0. That means I need to lose 10 lbs. Don't know if I can do it, but I do know it's going to come off slowly not quickly. I really do want it, but I have to want it more than I want to eat the extra food. That's tough.

I've realized that I need to work on new strategies for being smarter about evening eating - need some new alternative activities. I want to try 3 things: 1) taking a walk, 2) playing the piano, and 3) getting more sleep/going to bed earlier. I am open to suggestions, too. Tonight none of those sound particularly good except for #3, and speaking of that, I'm going to go to bed!

1 comment:

Kristen and Erik Cambridge said...

Tammy,

It is hard to be disciplined. Believe me. I understand your struggle. I am allowed 1350 calories a day. I reached my limit limit at 9pm. Then I caved at 10pm and ate an English muffin and two servings of pineapple. My trainer would kill me if he knew. Oh well tomorrow is another day ehh. If you figure out the secret to discipline, let me know. Good luck on your next marathon!