Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One day at a time

Today is a new day. I woke feeling horrid and was going to try and sleep some more, but I knew it wouldn't happen. The encouraging thing is that my first thought on how to feel better was "I *need* to go for a walk". Not want, but NEED. I went on an not-so-easy loop of SH Park (38:xx) and when I got back I was feeling a lot better. Still not good, but much better than I had been feeling.

After teaching a couple piano lessons, I took the kids to the bank to open savings accounts for them. That was not fun. I didn't know you now have to have a social security # or birth cert to open an account at a bank (hey, it's been 10 years since I opened a bank acct for myself, so I didn't know about the ramifications of the Patriot Act for banks... wheeee). So, I had to go back home and fetch them, kids in tow. Once back at the bank it took a long time to get the accounts opened and the kids were not the best-behaved (I don't blame them!). Plus, Michelle decided to pick that moment to dirty her diaper. Ugh. AND I had left my wipes at home (I did have a clean diaper and some tissues, though). I did the best I could, changing her on the front seat of my car, because I still had some more errands. Kudos to the kind bank employee who let me have some hand sanitizer when I walked back in the bank looking harried.

The next errand was to return a broken headset for my cell phone (still under warranty). The store was out of the model I needed, and the closest store to have one was about a 20 minute drive. Par for my day. I had them order one for me. While in that store, Michelle managed to totally ruin some of the holiday decorations - she pulled down a string of plastic blue and orange snowflakes. I had just finished telling her not to play with them when she did it :(. I apologized profusely, and fortunately, the guy said they had a lot more in the back so it was no big deal. Ugh.

After that I was going to go to Wasatch Running to get some winter gear for racewalking, but I just didn't have it in me anymore.

The one good thing is that so far today I have managed to keep my eating very well in check. Let's just take this one day at a time. I can do it, bad day or not.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Sorry to hear about your day. I had the worst grocery store trip ever with both kids on Tuesday, causing me to vow not to shop with them anymore. I can relate to struggling with less motivation to exercise these days, and having more food cravings lately too...so all this is just to say - I'm right here with ya, sista! :-) One day at a time we can do it.