Friday, November 14, 2008

Hanging in there

The eating was a struggle yesterday but I got through it OK, with only a few minor slip-ups. Whew.

Today is a new day. I am going out with Loren tonight, so it will be challenging. But I can do it. I want to do it. I really, really do want this.

Yesterday I walked to Liberty Park and did 2 laps of the park (each lap is about 1.4 miles or 2.25 km). The first lap I did at a moderate pace, and then I did a moderately hard pace for the 2nd lap. I finished both laps in about 30 minutes - kind of slow for how hard I was working, but hey, I was out there, and I did it. Some days are just slower than others.

Today I did a 15 min racewalking warm-up for my weight training class, and did a good hard set of weights. Lunges with weights, chest fly on machine, dead lifts, lat pull-downs, calf raises, shoulder presses, heel walking (hey, gotta strengthen those shins!), push-ups, bicep curls, and skull crushers. Oh, and abs too - a good hard set of a whole bunch of ab stuff.

No comments: