Thursday, November 20, 2008

In the groove

I'm feeling more like I'm back in the groove again. Yesterday I did a short racewalking warm-up for my weight training class and then did some serious lifting and abs.

Today I racewalked to Liberty Park to meet Team in Training people if anyone wanted an extra workout (no one showed, which was OK, because I was going to go there anyway), and did 2 laps moderate to hard. It took me about 29 min for the 2 laps (2.8 miles or 4.5 km) and then I walked home easy. Total time: 55:55 for the 5.3 miles. Not bad.

Tomorrow I plan to racewalk and lift weights, and then we are going to visit Las Vegas for the weekend, sans kiddos. Yay! The kids are going to stay with a friend of mine, and we are going to enjoy some time with our friends. The best man from our wedding, Dean, lives in Boulder City (just outside Las Vegas). The maid of honor from our wedding, Laurie, lives in Indianapolis but will be in Vegas this week and weekend for a conference for her work. She and her husband Mike are both visiting. This will be the first time all of us have been together since the wedding, 15 1/2 years ago!

The only challenging thing is going to be the food. Buffets, here we come... I am mentally preparing and I'm going to do really well this weekend. Mouse is going to hold me to it!

No comments: