Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday track workout

This morning I was at the East High track at 6 am. It was dark and cold, but not windy, thankfully. I think it was about 32 this morning (0 degrees C). I had on my tights, 2 shirts, gloves, and hat. Once I warmed up, I was fine and even got a little sweaty under my hat.

I did 4 laps to warm up, some dynamic stretches, then two sets of 1200m, 1 min rest, 400m. Remember, I am still getting back in the swing of things, so this was a short workout. I did the 1200s in 6:57 and 6:58, and the 400s in 2:14 and 2:15. Not bad! Then I did a 1600m cool-down and static stretches. I probably won't up my training a lot until after Christmas. The short track workouts are enough to keep my legs fresh for now, while still allowing me to rest up a bit from a hard but good season.

On Thursday I'm doing our local turkey trot, the Cold Turkey. It's a 6k, rather than the typical 5k, and it's a pretty course up City Creek Canyon and back down into Memory Grove. It's usually a lot of fun, and a bunch of people from the Wasatch Walkers are doing the race. I will have my little camera and will get some shots of people and hopefully have a good time, too. I doubt my time will be very fast because I haven't been training much for it, but it will just be good to get out there.

No comments: