Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday 10-miler, Monday circuit training

I was in the mood to do a longer workout. I felt I needed it! And I wanted a challenge, to keep it interesting. So I did a hilly 10-miler. I started at my house and went up to Rice-Eccles Stadium, then up University St. to Virginia, up the huge hill on Virginia to 11th Ave, and then over to H Street (5 miles). Then I turned around and came home. I pushed moderately hard, with a HR around 145-155 for most of the time, and I finished in 1:45:xx. I did about 10:36/mile, which is a little slower than I was hoping to do for 10 miles, but it was hilly, and I'm not as conditioned as I was a month ago, which is OK.

Today I did some hard circuit training, alternating biking, jumping rope, and racewalking with lifting weights. It felt great. I'm a little sore in my lower back from the racewalking yesterday, interestingly. If I get sore from racewalking, it's often in the lower abs or lower back. Just shows how many muscles you use while racewalking!

No comments: