Wednesday, June 04, 2008

June rush

June came in with a rush! It's been SO busy. Work was just relentless Mon & Tues - taking lots of pictures on the scope all day each day, with no time for anything else. Wednesday was crazy, too, at home. Grocery store, Costco, vacuuming, 3 piano students. Today and Friday look to be lots more relaxing.

Still have managed to get some workouts in.

Sunday I did 60 min easy recovery. I felt a little sore in my lower back after the race, but it was just achy muscles. My calves were a little tired too, probably from pushing up the hill for the first half.

Monday I biked to weight training and did a hard workout for my upper body. My chest got super sore on Tuesday from this! Still hurt a bit Wednesday too. I did bench press, cable chest press, and push-ups on the Bosu.

Tuesday I did a speed workout at the track. Aside from my warm-up and cool-down, I did 12 laps with fast straights (sprinting; about 25 sec each) and slow curves. I also threw in some drills on a couple of the laps to work on technique. Then I co-taught the racewalking class.

Wednesday I biked to weight training and did a legs workout. It was a toughie and my quads are a bit tired today.

This morning I walked to the track from my house (about 1.5 miles the way I went) and did several fast laps before teaching the racewalking class. I need to do a hard track workout, but it was raining pretty hard this morning and I was not in the mood, so I just did the easy workout and will do the hard one tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be lots better tomorrow :).

No comments: