Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The weekend

Awesome.

Friday night I went up to Park City with some girlfriends from church, and we stayed in a condo up there for the weekend. The husbands took the kids, and we did WHATEVER WE WANTED for the duration. It was truly relaxing!!! Watched a movie, played a game, read a book, hung out and talked, took a walk, did some window shopping (OK, so I did spend $2.69 on a microfiber cleaning cloth - last of the big spenders!), watched the Belmont Stakes, went in the hot tub, ate a LOT, and got some racewalking in.

Saturday morning I did 6.7 miles easy in 1:13. It was drizzling slightly and pretty cold (mid-30s), and as I ascended the hills, it started snowing a little bit, but I was warm in my long sleeves, gloves, hat, and tight, so no problem. Sunday morning it was clear and colder, and I did 5.3 miles easy in 56 minutes. The views were beautiful and I didn't take any photos, but trust me, they were great. It was super not having to worry about the kids bugging Loren while I was out walking :).

2 comments:

Sarah H said...

That sounds lovely!!

Unknown said...

Snow??? And tights, gloves and a hat?! Goodness! And here I was sweating buckets in 40 degree weather on Saturday!