Saturday, June 28, 2008

Friday's workout

Here is Green Lake, Wisconsin. I did a workout along the lakeshore. I was going to do a full Norwegian, but didn't have time, so I did a mini-Norwegian. This is short fast intervals with 2 min rest in between. The fast intervals were 2 min, 4 min, 6 min, then 5 min, 3 min, 1 min. It felt hard but comfortably so, and I know if I'd had time I could have done the full instead. Oh well!

After the workout and breakfast w/the family, we drove to the Minneapolis area to spend the night with our friends Robert & Jennifer. They took us on a driving tour of the twin cities and out to a great dinner. We saw the gorgeous older Victorian homes in St. Paul, the St. Paul Cathedral, the waterfall in the Mississippi where the city of Minneapolis started (there was a mill there), the historic flour factories, the State Capitol building, and much more. We ate (too much!) at a great restaurant called the Bonfire, and had amazing cakes afterwards at a pastry shop. Wow, were we spoiled!

More photos later...

No comments: