Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Track workout #1

I have 2 track workouts planned today. Yup, that's crazy. But I kinda wanted to do it. I made my morning one more of a sprint workout, as the evening one is with TNT, training for the marathon, and so it's a slower workout.

I did another one of Sarah's workouts. I thought it would be easy, but no, it was really hard. It was 200m in 58s then 200m in 75s, no rest, x 10 laps. My fastest 200 was 57s (I did a couple this fast) but most were 59s-1:02. The last one was 1:04 (ugh!). The bigger problem was the recovery 200s - they were in more like 85-90s instead of 75s. Oh well. I did try really hard, and my heart rate was at 90% at the end of my fast sprints, so I don't think I could have done much better. I had some gastric distress, though, so all things considered it went pretty well. My total time was very similar to Sarah's when she did hers: 24 min and change (I'm not sure exactly how much); Sarah did 24:27. I sure wish I lived closer to someone exactly my speed like her so that we could push each other. It's a bit lonely doing these alone, even though the track had about 5-7 others on it (runners mostly) the whole time I was working out.

I think it was because of the yummy dinner last night - I made chick pea burgers with Tahini sauce; it was from my Healthy in a Hurry cookbook, and it's supposed to taste like falafel but lower in fat. It was delicious, but every time I eat legumes I end up with problems. I should stop doing this the nights before a hard workout!

Got to work now, but will post again after my workout tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha! Yes, you are my racewalking twin! I only wish I could pull through during races like you do.

That workout is tough. The recovery is the hardest part, well, that and trying to get going into the next fast one.

Good job.