Friday, June 20, 2008

Workout update

Yeah, I've been busy this week. But I'm still here, and I did a hard workout today.

Wednesday: 1.5 miles easy for warm-up, then weight training - a very hard day of weights, including walking lunges w/25 lb in each hand. That one always gets my glutes really sore, but it's SO good!

Thursday: I was exhausted, and needed a rest day badly. I had planned a hard workout but my body and mind weren't up to it, so I rested, and even took an afternoon nap. I decided to do my hard workout Friday instead.

Friday (today): I felt ready to go after my rest day, so I did my hard workout. I walked to Liberty Park for a warm-up (about 2K) and then did 4 x approx 2K with a few minutes recovery. Liberty Park is the perfect place to do this workout; it's a rectangle, and 2 long sides + 1 short side is about 2K, and then the other short side can be used for recovery. I did the 2Ks in 11:22, 11:24, 11:31, and 11:32. Pretty darn good, as I planned on 11:30s for all. I was very tired on the last one; even though I probably couldn't have done another one that hard today, I do want to work up to doing 5 x 2K before my race in August.

No comments: