Saturday, June 14, 2008

TNT day

Before I get into my recent workouts, a comment: it looks like maybe summer is really here! And it's supposed to get HOT this week. I'm actually looking forward to this, weirdly enough. I guess my weather rant had an effect ;).

Friday: easy 1 hr; did Liberty Park 2x around (plus to and from my house) in 57:14. That was pretty fast for "easy"! I think I'm getting better :).

Today: First TNT (Team in Training) workout. The team was meeting at 7 am at SugarHouse Park to do 3 miles. Well, I had to do 2 hr easy today for my training for Spokane, so I left my house at 6 am and did 1 hour before the team meeting. Then I did 3 miles with the team (sort of... see below) and then I walked back home. Total: 10.5 miles (16.9k) in 1:53:05 for 10:46/mile (6:42/km).

As for the team - well, I kind of wanted to go out w/the runners, but Diane, the walking coach, wanted me to stay with the walkers (all of whom are new to walking/racewalking) to show them a few things. I was OK with this, as long as I got to do the 3 miles at my speed :). So we did a few drills and warmed up and stretched a little, then we set off. I did the 3 miles alone, because by this time I was waaaaaay behind the runners (who had set out while we taught the walkers some things) and of course I was faster than the new walkers. It was a bit of a bummer, because you can't use headphones in TNT workouts, and I really wanted for someone to talk with. Next time, I'm going to just go with the runners. I do want to help the walkers, but I joined TNT to work out WITH others and that's what I'd like to do!

No comments: