Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pound Cake

This, and other delicious foods like it, are a problem for me. I would like to take off at least 5 lbs in the next 2 months. This is a reasonable goal, but I thwart myself at every turn. Last night, Lois' pound cake, of which I consumed FAR TOO MUCH, seemed more important to me than that 5 lbs. This morning when I woke up full of regret, it didn't seem so important anymore. It's hard to stay focused, but I am writing this in the hopes that it will help me to stay motivated. I didn't find it impossibly hard to lose 105 lbs, but this seems monumentally difficult for some reason.

On the bright side, despite the fact that I awoke feeling miserable, depressed, and angry at myself, I went for my walk. I had a hard workout planned (60 min acceleration), and I decided that was in the can. But I started my walk, and though I still didn't feel like doing the workout, I decided to do it anyway. Some part of me will not give up on things, I guess. So, after 10 mins at a heart rate (HR) of 140, I bumped it up to 150 for 10 minutes. Then 155 for 10 minutes. Finally, I did 160 for 30 minutes and then cooled down and stretched. I'm proud that I finished it against the odds. Now if only I could do that with my eating.

Workout total: 6.08 miles (9.78k) in 1:01:28. 10:06 min/mile - not bad!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

One of the foods I cannot resist is tortilla chips and salsa! Eating at a Mexican restaurant can kill me. I have about 5 lbs I'd like to drop, too, and yet I still ate at the Mexican restaurant for lunch with my buddy like we do every Monday.

I'm now stuffed because I couldn't stop with the tortilla chips, even after I was full. If I don't eat any of them, I'm fine. And for a couple of months earlier this year, I had no problem. I guess my self control just comes in waves.

I'm glad you still made your workout!

Cindi
www.walk-magazine.com