Monday, June 30, 2008

Cody, WY



Last night we stayed in Cody, WY, a sleepy Western town in the high desert just east of Yellowstone National Park. It's named for Buffalo Bill Cody, of course. The Irma Hotel, which is downtown, has a bar that Queen Victoria gave him. It's made out of cherry wood and is supposed to be worth $200,000.

This morning I did a 1 hr easy walk all around town. The weather was very pleasant, probably low to mid 60s, dry, and sunny. I took a few pictures of the surroundings to share with you. My walk was about 5.7 miles in 1:01:24. I could have gone longer, but was worried about the kids waking up and bugging Loren. When I got back, they were all still asleep, so I'm taking this opportunity to blog.

The pictures are looking out over a residential neighborhood, and also of the downtown. Sorry for the bad quality, but the camera phone is all I can carry on my walks :).

Today we're going to enjoy Yellowstone National Park. I think the kids are going to love the geysers!

No comments: