Saturday, January 24, 2015

8K and doing a bit better today

I did 8K today. I'm really happy about it for two reasons:

1) It was my FIFTH racewalking workout this week. Now, admittedly, the workout yesterday was very short (3.6km including warm-up), but I haven't done five workouts in one week in a very long time, probably since before the mystery illness started in spring 2013 (though I haven't looked).
2) My legs felt good; a bit tired the last km, but good overall. I wouldn't have wanted to go 10km today, so the distance was right for this week, but I feel good. I recovered well from yesterday's brief speed work.

So - onward and upward!

More details - weather was good for January, at -2.2C (28F) and clear and calm. It was sunny; I waited until 9am to go because I wanted to walk in the sunshine instead of the dark, and now that the kids are older that is an option on Saturdays :). I brought the dog, and we had a great time together.  Sugar is SO happy that I'm racewalking again, because that means she's getting lots of exercise, and she loves it too.


Totals: 8K in 51:13 for 6:24/km with ave HR 150. I'm very happy with that! My toe hurt a tiny bit for the first km and then settled in and was maybe a 1 of 10 on the pain scale for the rest of the walk. I'll take that. It's continuing to improve gradually. 

No comments: