Tuesday, January 06, 2015

elliptical; 6K

Mood: stinky :(. However, I am working on it. Exercise is saving my bacon, as I wake up feeling big-time blah, and after a workout I feel decent. Then the afternoon slump, which can be partially ameliorated by a good latte :) whether homemade or from a coffee shop.

Yesterday: 1 hr elliptical because I was 10 min late for spinning. Hard to wake up early after a 4-day weekend! SO nice to have that 4-day weekend after 10 days straight of going in to work.

Today: I intended to spin, but didn't want to get out of bed, and as I was lying there, the thought occurred to me, "Hey, I could probably racewalk around Liberty Park". So I did...it was still pitch black out (gotta love winter, but at least it was relatively warm for January at 30F (-2C)). The dog was ecstatic as she hasn't gotten much exercise since I broke my toe (no one else walks her...sigh...), and though my legs were tired and heavy the whole time and felt like cement, I did OK, doing 6:35/km for the 6K with ave HR 142. Time 39:28. My toe was sore-ish but not too bad; felt better after about 3km.

OK...off to work, coffee in hand :)!

No comments: