Thursday, January 22, 2015

elliptical; 6K

Yesterday: 45 min elliptical.

Today: 6K racewalking. It was quite cold this morning at 21F (-6.1C). Yay, January. At least it was calm and not snowing. My legs felt decent today, too. Last night while watching a play at Calvin's school, they got kind of irritated with sitting for an hour; likewise this morning at breakfast with my dad, but I'd say the soreness was minimal and doesn't seem to be a big deal. I'm just noting it in case it changes appreciably. The 6K this morning was a bit better than the walks on Monday and Tuesday in that my legs didn't feel too tired or heavy until about 5K, and even then, they were pretty good. Improvement noted. However, my HR still got up to 160 trying to keep my pace at 6:30 or less. I did succeed at that, though. It will be nice when I am back in a little better shape. That's going to take time and effort, and right now I'm trying not to think too much about that, as it's discouraging.

Total time: 38:39 for 6K for 6:27/km with ave HR 150. 

No comments: