Monday, March 24, 2014

workout fail….

I went to the track this morning. The weather was good - 40F (4C) and light breeze. I was not good. 4 laps of warm-up and I was glacially slow (10:36) and felt like my legs were made of bricks. Plus my right piriformis was bothering me. It was one of those days when I felt it would be super risky to try the workout. I was quite concerned I'd pull something, and there was no way this was going to turn out well. I'm just not recovering well from the 5K. Pathetic. I wonder if this is a last vestige of whatever illness I have had?

Mentally, I wasn't there either. I can't explain it but I just woke up grumpy and out of sorts, imagining crazy stuff. Our dog has completely stopped eating, and I'm imagining finding her dead somewhere in the house or the kids finding her, and then my mind wanders to horrible what-ifs about the kids, etc. It was bad.

I went home and did a good yoga workout instead to try and strengthen my hips. I've been neglecting strength training and it's showing.

I'm sorry coach. 5 workouts this week isn't going to happen :(. Maybe next week my recovery will be better.

No comments: