Monday, March 03, 2014

8K fartlek

Sunday: Rest day!

***

Today: 8K fartlek
Weather: 44F (7C) with a slight breeze. A lovely morning for early March!
Warm-up: 1600m in 10:07 with strides on the last lap. Felt OK. Wearing my new pair of New Balance 1400 shoes and they felt good.
Workout: It went as well as I could have expected. I was hoping to go under 48 min, and I did - just barely! With just getting back into things this is about the best I could hope for, seeing as how I did 29:46 for my 5K fartlek last week. My splits were consistent today, my technique felt solid (though I have to keep checking everything constantly!), and I finished in 47:58 with ave HR 162, so I was working good and hard. The fast intervals varied from 2:48-2:54 and the medium effort 500s varied from 3:07-3:12. Good and solid.
Foot: feels a bit achy now, but better than on Saturday. I iced it briefly but have been standing a lot at work. Will ice it again later. I think the new shoes helped.

Garmin data here.

No comments: