Tuesday, March 25, 2014

10K w/3x3' bursts

I was feeling better this morning, except for lack of sleep… our poor sick dog vomited at 4:30 am and woke me up, and of course I couldn't fall back asleep. I listened to some music for a while and then got up and went for my walk.

It was a nice warm morning for this time of year, at 40F (4C) and it was a bit breezy. Overall, quite comfortable and a good number of people were out exercising.

My legs were slightly sore from yoga yesterday, but not too bad. It was a good kind of sore, though, and I don't think it slowed me much.

I wasn't fast today, but I didn't really care too much. I was just glad to be out there and feeling better than yesterday morning at the track. I worked really hard on my technique, and was reminded why I love and hate racewalking :). It requires a lot of concentration to make and keep technique changes, and I like it because it's challenging, but at the same time sometimes I just wish I could let my mind wander.  I focused hard today.

Total time was a rather slowish 1:04:21 for 6:26/km with ave HR 149. The bursts were slow too, at 3:02, 3:01, and 2:59. My legs were tired, and after sitting at the confocal microscope for a couple hours today, I did have a little of the weird soreness, though it was very mild.

Garmin data here.

No comments: