Thursday, March 13, 2014

10K w/3x3' bursts

This morning I woke ready to work out. I seem to have adjusted to the time change, at last. My foot felt great, too, and has continued to feel good even after the workout. I iced it twice so far today just to be extra careful, but it didn't feel uncomfortable at all. 

The weather was chilly, but seasonal for March at 35F (2C) with a light breeze that felt quite cold. I wore a long-sleeved shirt, jacket, tights, and gloves, and a headband, and that was just right. 

I started off fast on the downhill but didn't feel my technique click in properly for at least 1km or so. Have to work on that. Still, it did click in and then felt good the rest of the time. I concentrated a lot on it so as not to re-injure my foot or hurt my piriformis or tibialis anterior. Whew. 

My bursts were nice and fast: 2:53, 2:54, 2:53, but after the 3rd one I was quite tired, which isn't surprising since I did 5x1km yesterday and my body is not used to that yet. So I slowed a bit and my total time was slower than last week at 1:03:01 for 6:18/km with ave HR 145. 

Ready for some cross-training tomorrow and a half-marathon on Saturday! :)

No comments: