Thursday, March 06, 2014

10K w/3x3' bursts

My hamstrings were a bit sore after Monday's 8K fartlek, and then yesterday's 4x1km made that a bit more pronounced, plus my glutes were a bit sore too. 500m into today's workout I thought it was gonna be rough…but I turned out to be wrong!

The weather was decent. Can't complain - we haven't had much snow, mostly rain, and that's just fine with me! I thought it was 46F (8C) but the Garmin weather says it was 12C…whatever. It was breezy/windy, and I had on tights and a long-sleeved shirt and gloves; ditched the gloves partway through and rolled up my sleeves and it felt pretty good.

Anyway, despite my legs being tired and not feeling 100%, I pulled off a season's best 1:02:23 for 6:14/km with ave HR 145. My bursts were 2:58, 2:58 (slight uphill), and 2:54 (slight downhill).

I'd say this week is going quite well. Tomorrow is x-training, and then Saturday I'm going to tackle 18K. My foot was a bit sore today but not too bad, and I'm icing it right now.

Garmin data here.

No comments: