Thursday, June 28, 2012

10K

It was on the warmer side this morning for my 10K. Not too bad, but warm at 70F (21C), and smoky, as the air is thick from all the fires in Utah right now. The dry spring and hot temperatures and wind are combining for a nasty fire season so far.

I felt good this morning; a teensy bit sore from the 3K fartlek but overall just great. I pushed it a bit because I was in the mood :). Felt good to get out and work hard. I finished the 10K in 59:27 for 5:57/km with ave HR of 151. Yeah, pushing a bit. Doubt that 20K would have happened at that pace, though I'm supposed to do close to that for 20K next Tuesday. We'll see!

Garmin data here.

***

In other news, my data presentation at lab meeting went fairly well today. People seemed to think I did a good job. I enjoyed digging in and learning more about this project, as it has a lot of potential if we can overcome some technical hurdles. I am really lucky to have a job that I like so much :).

No comments: