Tuesday, June 05, 2012

10K

Today I just had an easy 10K on the schedule. I thought I might be slow, but I wasn't! I felt great, actually. Worked very hard on standing upright, using my glutes, and keeping my arms a touch higher (recent photos show them a bit low). This all helped - I felt very smooth. It's still not automatic and I have to concentrate pretty hard to hold good form, but I can really feel the difference.

The weather was a little warm, but not too bad. 71F (22C) with 26% humidity. I was definitely quite sweaty by the time I got home!

Total: 1:00:52 for 6:05/km with ave HR of 146.

Garmin data here.

***

Now it's actually chilly here. 60F and overcast and very windy. Thunderstorms are moving in. Hopefully it will pass in time so that we can at least get a small glimpse of the transit of Venus tonight.

***

Edited to add: rode my bike to work this morning, and also yesterday. A little extra cardio seemed all right :). I won't be able to ride after this week because the kids will be in summer camp and I'll have to drive them (the bus passes are exorbitantly priced - it's cheaper to drive!).

No comments: