Monday, July 02, 2012

10K w/2x5' @ 20K pace

First, the rest of last week: Friday & Sat x-trained each day; 45 min elliptical.

Sunday: rest day.

***

Today: awakened early by child who wet the bed :(. Went for my 10K racewalk anyway, despite being totally sleepy. Did OK; 1st 5K good but then legs tired; it was hot at 75F when I started, and a bit humid for here (i.e. >10% ha!). All I know is that I was sweating buckets. Despite that I threw in some nice fast 5 min intervals at a bit faster than 20K pace - more like 10-15K pace, as they were 2:47-2:50. Paid for that at the end as my legs were quite tired heading up the slight hill.

Total: 1:00:47 for 6:05/km average pace with a high ave HR of 156. I was working hard today and could really feel it. The heat took something out of me for sure.

Garmin data here.

No comments: