Monday, June 04, 2012

12K w/2x6' @20K pace

I woke up early today (out the door at 5 am!) so that I could see and photograph the partial lunar eclipse. It was fantastic!

The rest of the eclipse photos are here.

Today I was to do 12K with 2x6 min at 20K pace. I felt pretty good, though a bit sore in the hips from some lunges I did yesterday while practicing figure skating. Aside from figure skating, yesterday was a rest day :).

Weather: 73F (23C) and 38% humidity. It was quite warm (especially for 5:30 am!!!), but it didn't bother me too much. It's supposed to get up to 97F (36C) today! I actually don't mind, as the humidity is in the teens and it is just so nice to be WARM :). I love summer. (Wish I could take the kids to the pool...but Michelle can't swim for a few more days because of her chin - ice skating incident that had to be glued at the urgent care).

I felt good and smooth during my workout. I admit that I did the fast intervals on very slight downhills, but I still worked them pretty hard. I did the first one in 2:51/500m and 2:47/500m and the second one in 2:48 and 2:48. I felt like my technique was quite good today, for some reason. It just felt smooth and right. I do still have to focus all the time on standing tall and tucking my rear end under, but I suppose eventually that will be more of a habit. I did get tired on the last 2km of slight uphill, but it wasn't disastrous or anything. Just normal I think.

Total: 1:13:40 for 6:08/km with ave HR 145.

Garmin data here.

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

Great photos Tammy!