Saturday, June 09, 2012

15K

This one was tough, but that is just fine, and I knew it would be hard. After the glute exercises yesterday, my muscles were really tired. I felt good for 9K, but after that it was a hard slog because my muscles were screaming. I think that was good though - I really felt this was a strong positive workout despite the fact that I was slower than usual. I worked very hard on holding my technique when I was tired, and I feel sure that it is improving. I can just tell it is more efficient. However, the time doesn't show that because my glutes basically gave out on me. That's OK though - this workout will just make them stronger.

The weather was pretty much a non-issue. It was about 57F/14C when I started and 65F/18C when I finished. Warmish, but not enough to be a reason to be any slower.

Total time: 1:35:15 for 6:21/km with ave HR 146.

Garmin data here.

No comments: