Saturday, June 02, 2012

5K - judged race PR

Yeah, it was a judged race PR. But I'm disappointed. Jim thought I could do sub-27, and I barely managed sub-28. It was warm (70F, 21C) and quite humid by Utah standards.

Total: 27:56 (my watch missed a few sec on the 1st km; it never starts quite exactly on the dot) with average HR 164 and max 177.

Splits: Kept pressing the split at the wrong spot (the 3km race marked splits! oops! race brain!) but I can add them up and get the following - 5:24 (right on target!), 5:37 (slight uphill on that end of park...but I could not hold the pace today), 5:34, 5:42, 5:38. Ouch. I really really tried. Just didn't have the 5:24 in me today :(. Bummer. Well, I guess I need to train more, eat right, and keep trying.

Garmin data here.

Oh, and Kelly Clark, who just moved from Oregon, came and tried to help pace me, but the altitude and lack of recent training meant she couldn't keep up today. I hope that we can train together, though, as we would push each other hard. She is actually MUCH faster than me when she's in shape.

More later - have video and pics of the race but in a hurry to get to my son's soccer game...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's still a very good effort, Tammy! And that's awesome that you'll have a training partner - you'll see your times improve from that I'm sure.

Harriet said...

Yes, the judged PR is nice to have and now you have a training partner; some good things should happen.