Tuesday, June 12, 2012

15K - ouch!

This was one of my more painful workouts in recent memory. My legs felt fine to start, but they just got tired and heavy and it was ugly. Add in GI distress (severe...required a pit stop during the workout and after) and it was even uglier. The only thing that was nice was the weather (55F & sunny & calm; about 12C).

I don't want to dwell on this one any more. I even managed to accidentally delete it from Garmin Connect - maybe that was a subconscious thing? So the link is on Plus3 instead, here.

I did a measly 6:28/km and only did 14.8km ... bathroom emergency at the end. Ave HR was only 139, because I just got too tired at the end to push at all, and my HR dropped.

I'm glad tomorrow is cross-training. I clearly need a rest! I will probably do hip/glute exercises though, which will make everything hurt again, but will be good for me in the long run.

No comments: