Monday, October 18, 2010

Slow but no pain. I'll take that for now.

I was to do an 8K fartlek today: 1K fast, then alternating 500m med/500m fast to the end. I really focused on technique to make sure that I didn't hurt my foot. I know it's still a bit awkward and that probably explains why I was slow today. My fasts were between 2:49 and 2:54, and my recoveries were from 3:09 to 3:18 (plus one maybe longer but not sure - got distracted and started the 7th fast one maybe 10m too late so that recovery was 3:29). I really ran out of steam at the end - gave it my all on the last one and it was only 2:54.

I could be depressed that I'm slow (and I am a bit annoyed for sure) but I'm going to try and choose instead to be happy that my foot didn't hurt. It was warm, and I did need to ice it afterward, but I think it's fine. I can train! Yeah! The slow issue I'll have to work out with my coach.

Total time for the 8K: 48:48 (almost a minute slower than my last one!) for 6:06/km; ave HR 166 (see, I was working hard!).

Weather: super nice. We are getting lucky. 55F and calm and overcast. Threatening some rain but so far nothing.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: