Saturday, October 02, 2010

quick post - 15K

I was trying for 20K this morning, but the foot had other ideas. It felt great until about 12.5K, and then it ached enough for the next 1K that I knew I'd have to quit. I decided to go to 15K. But about 14K it felt good and I debated continuing. However, sanity prevailed when I thought about what the coach would say. Better to save it and keep the foot in good shape so I can racewalk on Monday (tomorrow is x-training). I iced the foot when I got home and it feels decent now; slightly achy but OK.

I felt pretty tired about 8-12K, but was able to pick it up at the end. I wasn't feeling super fast this morning, but got the job done at a 6:27/km pace, which is pretty good.

My friend Sarah came w/me and kept me such good company for the first 11.5K or so. It was great having her out there w/me. I figured out how to RW with her 5:1 Galloway run;walk. I just racewalk the opposite direction for just 10 seconds while she walks, and then turn around and I catch her just about when she's going to run again :). It worked great. Now I have a friend to walk with all the time if she wants to (well, on the long days).

Got to go - going to try and give platelets again.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: