Saturday, October 09, 2010

Lots of biking

Yup, more biking. Better for my foot to do non-weight-bearing activity right now, and the weather was pleasant this afternoon, so I went out for a ride. On the weekdays I can't do that because I have the kids in the afternoon, but on the weekends Loren can watch them. Today, however, my dad was actually watching them, because Loren and I were tearing out the old kitchen floor for most of the day. We actually finished a little ahead of schedule, so I had plenty of time for a ride.

I biked up Emigration Canyon. I decided to go up for 65 min then back down, to try and finish in 1 hr 30 min or so, since I was volunteering at the Light the Night walk at SugarHouse Park and wanted to get there in a timely fashion. I almost made it to the top from my house in those 65 min! If I'd had 10 more minutes I could have made it, but I didn't mind turning around. I was a bit tired after the 6-7 hours of working on the kitchen floor this morning (more on that in another post).

I got home in 1:36 and change, and felt good :). I do like biking (but not as much as racewalking!), even if I'm not that good at it!

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: