Saturday, March 06, 2010

Workout for 3/6

I worked out hard today. After all, I'm on vacation and I have more time to do it! Yay!

I racewalked 5 miles (8 km) easy (ave HR 136) but very slow, in 56:45. That's 11:21/mile. In my defense, 1) it was a hilly route, 2) I was not pushing much at all, and 3) the elevation here is 5800 feet, which is about 1500 feet higher than at home. Still, I am thinking I'm going to be very slow for the 5-miler in Canyonlands in 2 weeks. No speed work and racewalking muscles unused to the activity = slow Tammy.

Then I hit the gym at the resort and did 25 min on the elliptical and 15 min on the bike for a total of 97 minutes of activity (12 points). I then did a bunch of PT exercises: calf raises, lunges on the BOSU, balance on BOSU, and inversions/eversions of foot with elastic band.

We ate breakfast at the Bakerie & Eis here - amazing pastries, but I am saving the points for later, so I just had a small bite of Loren's and contented myself with cereal (brought from home) and milk, and an orange (5 points total). The clerk looked at me kind of funny when I ordered milk in a cup with a bowl and a spoon on the side; I had to explain that I brought my own cereal :).

After breakfast, we went snowshoeing for an hour, at moderate intensity (3 points).

Total activity points: 15, and lots of fun!!!

I'm taking lots of photos but no time to post now. Will share them later.

No comments: