Monday, March 01, 2010

Workout & food for 3/1

This morning's workout was 25 min on stationary bike, 20 min elliptical, then 45 min weight training class. I decided to do the regular stationary bike because I wanted to read my Scientific American magazine. I got the new one and hadn't read last month's, so I thought I'd better get on it. I read the letters, the news scan, an article on Titan (moon of Saturn), and started a fascinating article on what the human brain might do with its down time (when resting, daydreaming, or not actively thinking of something).

Then it was time for weight training class. We have a new instructor (since Matt, who we've had for 2 years, left to go work for the Angels as a strength & conditioning coach), Elise. Normally Lisa (my weight training buddy) and I just kind of do our own thing, since we've been lifting weights for 5 years now. However, Elise was leading a very interesting-looking set working on balance and strength, so I opted to go along. We did abs first - planks and "cobras", followed by some broad jumps, which I was a bit too nervous to do many of because of my foot. Then we did one-legged squats, one-legged dead lifts, chest press with dumbbells with head & shoulders on exercise ball, cable rows, bicep curls while balancing on one leg, tricep extensions with stomach on exercise ball, and finally military presses while seated on the ball. We repeated all of those 3x. Good workout.

Total activity points: 8

Food for today
Breakfast:
1c Kashi Go Lean Crunch with 1/2c vanilla soy milk and 1/2c mixed berries (4 points)

Morning snack:
baby carrots

Lunch:
Large green salad with grape tomatoes, 4 lg olives, and Cheese Fantastico Light Fantastic dressing (1 point)
Turkey roll-up: 1 slice Costco turkey on FlatOut bread with honey mustard and mixed greens (2 points)
1 med grapefruit and 1 banana (2 points)

PM snack:
1 apple and 2T craisins (2 points)

Dinner:
Pork roast (pictured) stuffed with bell peppers (yellow, green, & orange from Costco - yum!), garlic, herbs. I had 4 slices, which was 5 points according to the recipe from Weight Watchers Magazine.
Leftover "funeral potatoes" made with low-fat substitutions (4 points)
Asparagus (0 points)

Dessert:
Healthy Choice fudge bar (1 point)

Total food points: 22
Activity points used: 4

:) yay! I'm 3 days into my week and have not used any of my 35 points allowance yet. I'm saving it for this weekend...gonna need it to get through and still stick to weight-loss points.

EDITED to add:
Grrrrrr...sitting here working on stuff and got the munchies. Ate 6 points in GoLean crunch and goldfish crackers. Stupid. Oh well. So much for not using any of my 35. Didn't have the hot chocolate after that, so still have 30 left. We all mess up sometimes, so I'm just going to keep on going.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Oh, Tammy, I love you for posting this and especially your confession at the end...don't we all have days like that...it is so familiar and so comforting to see that someone else does it! You are doing awesome with your workouts and your eating. Keep posting your food log, and the points, I like reading it! :-)It gives me ideas.