Saturday, March 13, 2010

Food for 3/11 & 3/12

OK, this is the last of my food posts for a while. I told my friend Dorothy that we'd track and share it with each other for 2 weeks, and this will be the end of that.

Thursday 3/11
Breakfast: Kashi GoLean Crunch and 1/2c vanilla soy milk & 1/2c mixed berries (4 points).
Lunch: 1 can Light Progresso Beef Soup (3 points), 1 banana (1 point ), and 1 tangerine (1 point). (5 points).
Snack: we had cake at work for my birthday. Lucky for me, it was yellow cake with chocolate chips and NO frosting (saved points!). My boss actually made it for me, and it was SO good! I estimated that I ate 10 points of cake.
Dinner: Homemade mac n cheese (WW recipe) & 2/3 c peas. 6 points total.
Dessert: Small piece cake and healthy choice fudge bar. 6 points.

Activity: 13 points.
Total: 31 points - 18 allotted - 13 activity points = 0. Perfect. In = Out. Bank is still -2 from the other day, but that can't be helped.

Friday 3/12
Breakfast: Homemade yogurt smoothie w/Splenda & mixed berries (2 points), and a banana (1 point). (3 points).
Lunch: Rico's pork tamale, med grapefruit, and 1c grapes (6 points).
Snack: tangerine (1 point) and baby carrots with 1/4c homemade hummus (2 points). (3 points).
Dinner: At Noodles & Company. Bangkok Curry Trio w/shrimp and asian fat-free dressing on salad (7 points).
Dessert: At Ikea (we went shopping for Calvin's room --- more to come on this later), 1 frozen yogurt cone (3 points). Later, hot cocoa (no sugar added), 1 point. (4 points).

Activity: I racewalked 40 min at lunch (5 points).

Total: food 23 points - 5 points RW = 18 allotted for the day. Still -2 for the week, but I'll take it.

It's been an interesting experiment. I thought having to post publicly would give me more restraint. Ummm, not really. Apparently my restraint has to come more from within. I need the motivation of upcoming races to keep me on track. Seriously, I am very motivated by the recent thought that my big races this summer are just over 4 months away. That doesn't give me much time to get my foot better, lose the weight I need to lose, and train hard.

At Weight Watchers this morning, I weighed in at 151.0. That's only 0.4 lb more than a month ago. Not too bad, given all the celebrating. But still not very good.

Now that all the birthday celebrating is over, I'm ready to focus. I have made some new goals for Weight Watchers for the next 6 weeks:

1. Lose 3 lb (that's only 0.5 lb/wk). I can do it!
2. Sleep at least 8 hr, 4x/wk. I need the sleep to accomplish #1, and to train well.
3. Curb the night time eating. I know I've been working on this, and too often failing, but I am approaching it with renewed determination. So, for at least 6/7 days each week, I will not eat after the family leaves the table. If we eat dessert, we usually do it as a family right after dinner, sitting at the table. The only thing I can have after leaving the table is hot tea or hot cocoa. The exception is if I am going out, and then of course I'll do whatever everyone else does.

That's it. If I do this, then I'll get to buy myself a summer dress from a catalog I like :). Maybe this dress, in the hot pink/black. Or maybe some racewalking apparel. Something :).

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm going to do the USATF Nat'l Masters' Championships in Sacramento --- 5K on July 23 and 10K on July 25; both judged racewalks. Should be fun! Plus I'll get to visit my new niece at the same time, because my brother lives in the area and his first baby is due July 1st :).

Hunca Munca said...

Thanks for posting your food and activity points. Kudos for setting such reasonable and wise goals for yourself - I too am always trying to balance the sleep and food and exercise routines, so it's inspiring to see others doing it well. The dress is nice too!